Saturday, September 6, 2014

Mowing the Lawn

Why do most of my negative thoughts happen when I am doing the simplest tasks?

 
We have been on holidays for 5 weeks and when we pulled up into the driveway and the front lawn looked like jungle :-(
I was long although you can't tell in this photo
It's gets overwhelming and that's when the negative thoughts creep in. I don't know why but I start to feel sorry for myself thinking poor me if only I had a husband who could mow the lawns and then I wouldn't have to do it.
 
Which is stupid thinking I know because there are many married women who still have to mow their lawns, having a husband doesn't guarantee that he would mow the lawns anyway.
A job well done :-)
Most of the single mums that I know actually just pay someone to come and mow their lawns which I can see would make life easier by not having to worry about petrol and maintenance for the lawnmower, but I could never really justify the expense.

 
So I just have to change my negative thoughts into positive thoughts and realise that a job doesn't always have to be perfect it just needs to be done :-) 
 
 
Next outdoor job on the list is all the weeds that have sprung up and we are only 6 days into Spring!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment